The Jackson Symphony firmly believes that exposure to the arts significantly enriches a person's life. One of the goals of The Jackson Symphony is to ensure local legislators and elected officials are aware of the power of the arts and they continue to support the arts in Tennessee.
Tennessee License Plates Support the Arts
The Jackson Symphony also promotes the sale of Tennessee state license plates. Buy a specialty license plate and invest in Tennessee's future. These plates help support the many arts programs and grants given out by the Tennessee Arts Commission.
The Jackson Symphony is also a member of the following arts advocacy groups:
The Jackson Symphony would like to thank the following persons and groups of people for supporting the arts through local and regional legislation:
- City of Jackson Mayor Jerry Gist
- Madison County Mayor Jimmy Harris
- City of Jackson Council
- Madison County Commission
- State Representative Jimmy Eldridge
- State Representative Johnny Shaw
- State Senator Lowe Finney
- Tennessee General Assembly
- Governor Bill Haslam
- Tennessee Arts Commission